Voting in New Mexico
Promoting Democracy Through Education
Am I Eligible To Vote in New Mexico?Voter Registration Eligibility Requirements
- You are a United States citizen;
- Must be a resident of New Mexico.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election.
- Not a convicted felon, or a felon who has completed all of the terms and conditions of sentencing
- Not legally declared mentally incapacitated
Under federal law, if you move within 30 days of a presidential election, you are allowed to vote for President and Vice President in your former state of residence, either in person or by absentee ballot.