Voting in North Carolina
Promoting Democracy Through Education
Am I Eligible To Vote in North Carolina?To register to vote in the State of North Carolina, an individual must meet the following qualifications:
- You are a United States citizen;
- Must be a resident of the county, and prior to voting in an election, must have resided at his or her residential address for at least 30 days prior to the date of the election..
- Prior to voting, must be a resident of the county for at least 30 days prior to election day.
- Must be at least 18 years old or will be 18 by the date of the next general election.
- Must not be serving a sentence for a felony conviction (including probation or on parole). If previously convicted of a felony, the personâs citizenship rights must be restored. Citizenship and voting rights are automatically restored upon completion of the sentence. No special document is needed.
Voter Registration Options in North Carolina
You have the following 1 options to register to vote in North Carolina:
Voting Options in North Carolina
You have the following 3 options to vote in North Carolina: